Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Karate Kid

Matthew started Taekwon Do lessons last night. He's been asking for a long time now to be allowed to have a go but I've been reluctant. I wasn't sure that a Martial Art was the most appropriate sport for an arthritic child given it is fairly punishing on the joints but Matthew's physio has given him the go ahead, so here we are.

So now we get to meet Sporty Matthew. He's suddenly developed a keen interest in sit-ups & push-ups and thinks he has been given a licence to perform swift kicks to his little brother when he's being a pest. God help us all.

6 comments:

Ellie said...

That is excellent (well not the bit about kicking R) I nearly sms'ed you last night but ihave no clue where my phone is did you watch Idol last night? That young boy Tom also suffered JA as a small child.

Shannon said...

Ah, bugger. No I didn't. Thanks for thinking of us though. I am going to make a note to watch more reality TV shows. I seem to be missing everything lately.

Ellie said...

He got through so is in the Top 12 so they may show more about it iykwim.

I really need to pull my finger out and organise for C to 'do' something.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanna see a photo in his Taekwon Do outfit!

Jodie said...

That's so cool :)

And you should certainly tune into Taken Out. Top piece of reality trash tv viewing :P

Shannon said...

He doesn't have one yet Sarah! In this class they only wear shorts & t-shirt. He's gagging for the day he actually gets a uniform though...

I did watch the first episode of TO with that pooncey looking guy wearing the granny cardigan. I'll tune in more regularly when they get better looking blokes on.