Monday, September 1, 2008

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

T & I survived Matthew's first official birthday party - you know, the kind where the kid gets to select the guest list and invites all sorts of strange kids you didn't even know they talked to, let alone hung out with. Anyway. The first lesson we learnt, and which I shall be so good as to share with all of you who may be about to embark on the same journey, is that parents are not afraid of doing the good ol' "drop and run". Consider yourself warned. We found ourselves well & truly outnumbered as 7 minature superheroes began tearing around the backyard. It was a little like watching spider monkeys on speed. Thank god for beer, I say.

Nevertheless, a good time was had by all. There was only one split lip and a few other minor injuries to report - nothing we could be sued over, I don't think. :s

Batman & the pinata.
All hell breaks loose as the pinata busts.


Ze cake.

He tells me he had his hand over his mouth so he didn't blow the candles out accidently. Awww.

The smashed cake.

Some of the heroes in a quieter moment - perhaps reflecting on crimes fought & won?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the b'day party! I know exactly what you mean with the "drop and run" those parents do!

Did you make the cake? If so, great job!

Jodie said...

Oh it looked like it was massive fun, well done! That turtle kid is a dude ;)
I hope you fed all the drop and run kids waaay too much sugar for their mums to deal with when they picked them up!