Saturday, September 20, 2008

If

I have been tagged by both Shel & Jenn for this post and I'm not sure where to start. I've been pondering over it for a couple of days and am still not sure what I actually want to write about so I thought I'd just bite the bullet and do it and see what crap comes pouring out.


The obvious one first - If I'd actually applied myself in highschool instead of spending my days smoking behind the science block and sneaking out at night I may actually have a job that I love, instead of one that I barely tolerate just so the bills are paid each week.


If I hadn't made the choice to follow the boy I thought I loved many years ago, I would never have met the wonderful man I do love today. And the thought of not ever having met this wonderful family that we've created is almost too much to bear.


If we'd decided to keep the very first house we'd ever bought instead of selling it off prematurely we could be retired and living on a tropical island, spending our days drinking Mei Tai's & lolling about in hammocks. Yeah, okay maybe not but it is something we regret.


If I'd continued attending lectures instead of dropping out, I would be a primary school teacher now. Wow. Scary.


If I'd asked to change piano teachers instead of giving up because one teacher gave me the creeps (here's looking at you, grubby old Mr Brown), I might be able to play more than "Chopsticks" and "The Rose".


Righto Jodie, Ellie, Little White Dove, Claire & Red Haired Girl - here's the rules.

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. List 5 things that could make your life very different should it come true.
3. Tag 5 other people.

Now off you go...

2 comments:

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Ooooh so much going on there!! Ha, at least now though you can project onto your kids! Kidding of course ..... and I'm not ignoring this, I'm still thinking about it ....

Anonymous said...

Mr Brown!!!! How I loathed that man!!!