Saturday, October 25, 2008
This time though, I watched him get told to stop dancing on the stage with the DJ's and discovered he knows how to do the Macarena. Who is this kid?
Friday, October 24, 2008
1. Where is your cell phone? Currently in my handbag, under my desk.
2. Where is your significant other? At work I believe (and if I find out otherwise...grrr)
3. Your hair colour? Blondey / browny. Ever so attractive.
4. Your mother? Is starting to decline and is very set in her ways. Lays the guilt on thick.
5. Your father? Dresses badly, has a moustache and talks to freaking everyone. Likes to tell embarrassing stories about his children.
6. Your favorite thing? At the moment, my kitchen.
7. Your dream last night? I don't think I slept long enough to dream last night. All I can remember is changing the smallest boys sheets because he refused to go to the toilet before bed.
8. Your dream/goal? Ditto to Mothership. "To live to see my children grow into happy and healthy adults."
9. The room you're in? I'm at work in our delightful office.
10. Your hobby? I like to sew.
11. Your fear? Surviving my children.
12. Where do you want to be in six years? A lot richer than I am today.
13. Where were you last night? At home, doing domestic stuff.
14. What you’re not? Able to complete a task from start to finish.
15. One of your wish list items? A bigger house.
16. Where you grew up? Canberra.
17. The last thing you did? Went to Medicare on my lunch break. I like to live dangerously.
18. What are you wearing? Brown skirt, black shirt & attractive black cardi. It's cold in here.
19. Your TV? Is not a plasma, much to T's disgust. It's also on way more than necessary.
20. Your pet? Two girl dogs - Bundy & Ollie. (waiting for the comments to start...)
21. Your computer? Is probably infested with viruses but I love her anyway.
22. Your mood? Will be much better come 5pm.
23. Missing someone? My 3 boys.
24. Your car? Toyota Prado. Outside, semi-clean. Inside - disgusting.
25. Something you’re not wearing? Make up.
26. Favorite store? Ikea at the moment.
27. Your summer? Will be spent in the air cond. I wish we had a pool.
28. Love someone? See question 23.
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When is the last time you laughed? About 20 minutes ago.
31. Last time you cried? Matthew's very first school concert.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Left eye – cataract still stable (nothing short of a miracle)
Right eye – stable
General sight – 6/12 Right eye, 6/9+1 Left eye (down from last quarter)
Meds- no change
Follow up – 12 weeks (12 January 2009)
This is an absolutely brilliant result. Last visit the opthal reduced the topical steroids Matthew has been on in an attempt to begin weaning him off them altogether. The steroids are such a catch-22 situation. They are controlling his inflammation wonderfully but one of the side effects of long term steroid use, is co-incidentally, cataracts. It would almost be funny, if of course I could bring myself to laugh about it that is. For such a long time we’d kept the recipe the same because that cataract in his left eye was remaining stable, which is the goal but it was suspected that this dramatic reduction of meds would shake things up a little. It didn’t. It is truly unbelievable. Now, if only we can keep this pattern going for another 2 years…
The only downside of this visit was the small slip in his eyesight. We’ve not had a good three months, contact lens wise. Matthew had lots of infections and his lens has just generally been unsettled and irritable. We’ve been back to his optometrist, who claims that the lens is fine so why it has been such a drama lately still remains a mystery. Hopefully, with a bit of perseverance (and maybe just a little bit of bribery) we can push on with it and overcome the hassles. How fabulous would it be to see (ha!) 6/6 vision in the New Year?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Tonight I am going to make my debut as the Tooth Fairy. I only hope I look half as good in my Woolworths uniform as Simone did...
So our new kitchen is finally in and I am just in love. So far, it functions perfectly, has room for all our stuff & looks about a million times better than the old one. I guess I could have been waiting a long time for faded grey, chipped laminate to come back in fashion. ;)
Here's my incredibly sexy microwave. I lurve the way it sits flush in the wall, instead of taking up loads of bench space. It also grills, which excited me no end when we were purchasing it.
The tiling is nearly all finished. Now just waiting for the glue to harden so we can grout.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
The feeling of worry I had earlier today about his health has been washed away and now replaced with guilt. Guilt that I have asked to have the day with my sick child. Guilt that others have had to re-arrange their schedules to accomodate my family. Guilt that I am now feeling guilty about work instead of focusing on my son.