Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why I blog

I have been tagged by the lovely Jenn to share Why I Blog. The short answer is, I don't rightly know. I've never been good at keeping a diary. The one time I did seriously maintain a diary my grandmother found it and treated herself to an afternoon of reading over a cup of tea. I was devastated - there was nothing murky in it, I was 10 after all but it was my space, and my space alone.

I did dabble at university with a "diary like" book. I hesitate to use the word diary as I guess it was more a scrapbook. I rarely wrote long entries in it but it did contain quotes, photos, poems etc that related to me at that point in my life. It was raw, emotional and crude. I set fire to it a few years ago.

I started this blog mainly as a way of recording the insignificant events in the life of my boys. I planned to include as many photos as I could, especially while they are so young. I want them to remember the afternoons we spent at the river, or at the park. I want them to remember the mornings we have coffee and a milkshake at the local cafe or the days they danced in the rain and splashed in the puddles as they are the times I cherish most about my childhood. I'm not sure that the direction this blog has taken strictly aheres my initial vision, but hey I've never been known for my consistancy so why start now. I think I'll just keep it fluid and see where it leads us.

Since that concludes this weeks thrilling episode of A Day in the Life of Shannon, I hereby tag Ellie, Cylie & Sarah. Off you go girls...

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Hmmpf and egotistical me thought it was because I challenged you too...rofl

Good answer does my answer have to be as deep and meaningful as yours?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Shannon!

Jenn said...

Oi where are you 'eh?