Monday, March 23, 2009

And another year passes...

The smallest boy turned 4 on Saturday and we celebrated in true Ryan style - no fuss & very matter of factly.

(His official cake was a rocket but I'm too scared post a picture of it in case it features as this months disaster on CakeWrecks)

I suppose I should take a moment to reflect on what life has been like since he made his dramatic arrival. In a word, he is cheeky. He has the most amazing sense of humour and loves nothing more than a bloody good joke (preferably practical). He is quick to anger but thankfully, quick to recover although he is reknown for moodswings that until now I'd only seen in hormonal 14 year old girls. He is currently living vicariously through Matthew at school and soaking up information like a walking sponge - it is seriously amazing how much he has learnt just by observing, even when he isn't obviously paying attention. He is extremely quick-witted and has a comeback for every occasion, just has to have the last word. He's rough & wriggly, dirty & sweaty and loud & impatient. He's also cuddly & sweet and loves his family fiercely. He compliments Matthew perfectly and I hope they will be great friends for many years to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Birthday Ryan!

Comeon Shannon, we want see the rocket cake!

Anonymous said...

I second the motion to see the rocket cake!!!

Shannon said...

No, honestly - it was terrible. You know how rockets are supposed to be a tough shade of red? Well, imagine (if you can) a bright blue and coral pink version. Red icing is apparently not my forte...

Ellie said...

Happy belated birthday wishes Ry. I don't think I will ever forget your birth day and when you poor mum rang me and she had to try and really convince me that you had arrived. It sure has been great 'watching' you grow.

I'm sure your pink rocket was great ;-p

Hey my pc died back at work but dont have your home email at work only your old work one (which looks all worn out)

Chat in about a week

Anonymous said...

Coral pink??? That just screams 'manly, manly, manly cake'!!!