Friday, July 11, 2008

It's official - My 5 year old is braver than I am...


Matthew is holidaying at his grandparents place for few days over the school holidays and yesterday included a visit to a local zoo. Confession time though - when he emailed the photo to us last night, his father and I initially agreed that the snake had to be fake. Matthew is the kid we often have to hand-hold to encourage him to pat the frogs but I am assured the beast he is holding in this photo is real. I desperately hoping this hasn't encouraged him to add "snake" to his upcoming birthday list...


~ ~ ~
In other thrilling news, the toilet training seems to have been a great success. Ryan now seems to be reliably trained and has even started waking in the night to ask to go to the loo. 3 nights running with dry night nappies. Long may it last, I say...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shannon what a great little man waking to tell you! Congrats on his 3 nights running!

I have to say Matthew is very brave holding that snake...we have lots on the property we live on but that said...I can't stand the thought of them.