Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rheumatologist appointment

Wow - 6 months goes so fast.

Matthew's appointment went very well, which we expected. It's been a long time since Matthew has complained of any pain or stiffness and we've not noticed any swelling or warmth from his joints. Dr J can't find any sign of joint inflammation either and Matthew still has good range of movement from all his joints.

His ankles are rolling in quite significantly though, which Dr J doesn't believe to be a major issue. When I questioned it, he did say I could see a podiatrist if I wanted and they would no doubt prescribe some orthotics for him but am reluctant to do so at this point. He is already very aware that he has limitations and resents the addition of the contact lens to his life - I'm not sure I can bring myself to saddle him with another reason to feel different.

Next follow-up - June 2009.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the appt went well.

I can totally understand your hesitation in the orthotics as it is another thing to add to the list, but in saying that Violet has been walking so much better with hers.

Jodie said...

Fabulous news Shannon!

I'm a bit suspect on podiatrists from my one and only experience. The pod told me that M absolutely needed a lifetime of orthotics... whereas the paed physio told me she's completely within age-normal limits, ho-hum...
June '09 feels so far away!! (Which is great for you guys!)

Anonymous said...

Go Matthew!! Love Shannon's Stalker

Ellie said...

Excellent news my dear.

Wow you have a stalker...lol