Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pirate Party

Matthew went to his best friends 6th birthday on the weekend. BF's dad put A LOT of work in to this party - so much so that when it is my turn to provide an elaborate party for the boy in 2 weeks time, I fear he will be the laughing stock of the school yard. (Aside: good thing it was a pirate party - eye patches are the one thing there is no shortage of around this place...)

Meet the pirates:


Pin the eye-patch on the pirate

Fishing for treasure maps


Small pirate captured by big, drunk, bush-whacking pirate

Climbing across ladders spanning large, crocodile infested creeks.


They also had an open fire for the kids to toast marshmallows, a treasure hunt in a snake-infested gully and a home made pirate ship to decorate. The kids had a ball.

For Matthew's birthday I planned on throwing the boys in the backyard with a pinata & a lolly hunt and calling them back inside to have cake at some point before loading them up with lolly bags and sending them home to their parents. I may need to review my plans... help please?

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Vodka or Valium I suggest, and lots of it.

Mothership said...

Wowee, I wanna go to a party like that! Great costumes by the way; I love the jagged pants. Cute boys. :)