Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prep - the big day

Matthew started Prep today. I've been imagining this day for
so many years but when it finally arrived I think I was more terrified than he was. He was so brave; there were no tears at all but a little bit of clingy-ness and the need to be reassured that I was actually going to come back for him at the end of the day (which I did, just for the record... ;) )


At going home time I got there early enough to spy through the window without him seeing me and he looked happy as a lark, sitting on the floor with the rest of the class listening to a story. He very excitedly told me he had a great day and was even going to go back tomorrow so a success all round, I thought. I am yet to actually determine what he did on his first day or who he played with but I'm sure I'll get used to hearing that very same thing over the next 12 years...










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time flies....Glad to hear Matthew enjoyed his first day at school.

I love the uniform, such nice colours!