Tuesday, June 30, 2009

School holidays - Day two and I already want to kill myself.

We've been patching Matthew's left eye, on his Opthalmologists instructions. It's not going well. He can't see a fucking thing out of his right eye with his left one patched and so far, I have not been able to come up with one single activity he can actually see enough do to while away the hours.



My heart is breaking for him. And please - don't post telling me the good Lord above wouldn't give me more than I can handle, because sometimes he just fucking well does.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the patching
:-( what a crap school holidays activity from the Opthamologist.

Megami said...

That sucks - does the Opthamologist have any idea how hard school holidays are at the best of times?

And yes - sometimes life deals a shit hand and it just sucks, full stop. Sorry that has happened to you this week.

Shannon said...

Thanks guys – I’m not cranky at his opthal. She’s lovely and knows what a struggle it is for him. The school holidays is the only time we can do it. It would be simply too cruel to patch him at school. He would effectively be blind.

Shannon's Stalker said...

RIGHTO!!!! This is your friendly HURRY UP from the stalker who thinks this blog is being neglected!!!

Shannon's Stalker said...

Am thinking that July was NOT the month of the blogger!!???!! Would I be right??

Shannon said...

Shaddup!